So it's booked! The most important part of my wedding, the FOOD! I love food. I do.
I love to cook it and eat it! I like to enjoy it. I even LOVE watching cooking on tv. I'm obsessed! (Clint hates it! But I'm like, how do you think I learn?) Going out to eat is like my favorite.. don't get me started on Olive Garden... that's a whole new blog.
Anyway, back to the subject... we booked PJ O'Brien's for our catering. We got Chicken Alfredo (and yea, it's all white meat chicken), slow roasted beef, mashed red potatoes, taco salad, a salad bar, broccoli and other veggies.. rolls and yada yada. Don't forget about the pig we're murdering too! lol! I'm horrible. But it's sad. Poor piggy. I love pig so sorry, we're gonna eat you!
I'm so happy!
I really liked Pat. He was nice and laid back. My father is quite the bargainer.. he's always trying to get the prices down and get stuff thrown in for free. Well he DID GOOD! I mentioned (thanks to Amy Joles:-) that if you pay cash, he'll give you some kind of a deal. Well he was really flexible! My dad talked him into no sales tax and other stuff.. but when you end up doing the math, we basically got him to do the decorating for free!!! It was a little of $2,000.. for 200 guests, that's about $10/plate. Not bad at all!!!
Yea, he's doing some decor too! Like I said, pretty much free!
I'm excited about my black linens for the tables! I honestly hate white. It's an absence of color, and color is my world! I'm an artist, haha! And it just gets dirty.
So yea, black linens and light purple napkins. My main color is dark purple but I think w/ the black, a lighter purple would be great! And with my dad doing what he does, he through in a 8ft back drop for free!
ANNNNDDDD!! Oh yea, there's more. We order clear glass plates (and I think silverware) and staff will go around collecting the dishes. I think that's awesome! Like I said, we got a great deal! I'm so pleased. No complaints.
We just have to go to the hall now and get an updated look at the layout of the place. I haven't been in since 2005. That will help my thoughts and ideas all tie together. So that's what's next.
YAHOOOOO! Peace!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment